Apollo Series 65 Heat Detector CR Rate of Rise 80°C to 100°C (55000-132)
Rate of rise (ROR) heat detectors measure the rapid increases in temperature resulting from a fire in the immediate area. The Apollo Series 65 Heat Detector CR is one example of this kind of ROR heat detector.
Two negative co-efficient thermistors in the detector work together to monitor the surrounding ambient temperature and any change that occurs. One thermistor is exposed to the ambient air temperature while the other is thermally insulated as a control. When conditions are normal these thermistors will be in thermal equilibrium.
If there's a fire the rise in temperature will cause the resistance of the external thermistor to drop – this imbalance of resistance is recorded by the detector and if it reaches a pre-set level an alarm will be triggered.
In the event that the rise in temperature is too slow to be recorded a fixed heat resistor is also included in the detector. If the resistance of the external thermistor is less than that of the insulated thermistor and the resistor combined an alarm will be activated. In this Apollo Series 65 heat detector the maximum static temperature before the alarm signal is sent is 100°C. An external LED will illuminate red when an alarm signal has been sent to the conventional fire alarm control panel.
Specifications are given at 23°C and 50% relative humidity unless stated otherwise.
- Part No. 55000-132
- Supply Wiring: 2 wire monitored supply, polarity insensitive
- Supply Voltage: 9 to 33V
- Ripple Voltage: 2V peak to peak maximum at 0.1Hz to 100kHz
- Quiescent Current: 45μA at 24V, 40μA at 9V
- Switch-on Surge Current: as per Quiescent Current
- Alarm Voltage: 6 to 28V
- Alarm Current: 52mA at 24V, 17mA at 9V
- Alarm Indicator: Red LED
- Design Alarm Load: 420Ω in series with a 2V drop
- Holding Voltage: 6V
- Holding Current: 10mA
- Min. Voltage Required To Light Alarm Indicator: 12V
- Remote Output Characteristics: Remote is a current sink to the negative line limited to 17mA
- Storage Temperature Range: -30°C to +120°C
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +90°C (no icing)
- Humidity: 0% to 95% relative humidity
- Atmospheric Pressure: Unaffected
- IP Rating: 23D in accordance with BS EN 60529
- Dimensions: 100 x 42 mm ( 100 x 50 mm in base)
- Weight: 80g (131g in base)
- Materials: White polycarbonate detector housing rated V-0 in accordance with UL 94, nickel-plated stainless steel terminals