Apollo Series 65 Heat Class BR (55000-127)
The Apollo Series 65 Heat Class BR measures the rate of rise (ROR) of heat. A rapid and significant increase in heat generally means there is a fire in the vicinity.
This heat detector houses two thermistors to monitor the temperature of the surrounding environment – one is thermally insulated whereas the other is exposed to the air around the detector. Under normal circumstances both thermistors will be of an equal thermal state.
When the air temperature outside the heat detector starts to rise the external thermistor will experience a drop in resistance. At the point at which the imbalance in resistance between the two thermistors reaches a pre-set level an alarm will be triggered.
If the rise in temperature is very slow and gradual this method of heat detection will not always work. To prevent an alarm being missed a fixed resistor has also been built in to the detector. If the resistance level of the insulated thermistor and the resistor together exceeds that of the external thermistor an alarm will also be activated. This will occur when the external temperature reaches 85°C.
In both cases a signal will be sent to the conventional fire control panel in the form of an increase in current drawn by the detector from the supply. An external LED will illuminate red to indicate the detector has been activated.
Specifications are given at 23°C and 50% relative humidity unless stated otherwise.
- Part No. 55000-127
- Supply Wiring: 2 wire monitored supply, polarity insensitive
- Supply Voltage: 9 to 33V
- Ripple Voltage: 2V peak to peak maximum at 0.1Hz to 100kHz
- Quiescent Current: 45μA at 24V, 40μA at 9V
- Switch-on Surge Current: as per Quiescent Current
- Alarm Voltage: 6 to 28V
- Alarm Current: 52mA at 24V, 17mA at 9V
- Alarm Indicator: Red LED
- Design Alarm Load: 420Ω in series with a 2V drop
- Holding Voltage: 6V
- Holding Current: 10mA
- Min. Voltage Required To Light Alarm Indicator: 12V
- Remote Output Characteristics: Remote is a current sink to the negative line limited to 17mA
- Storage Temperature Range: -30°C to +120°C
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +90°C (no icing)
- Humidity: 0% to 95% relative humidity
- Atmospheric Pressure: Unaffected
- IP Rating: 23D in accordance with BS EN 60529
- Dimensions: 100 x 42 mm ( 100 x 50 mm in base)
- Weight: 80g (131g in base)
- Materials: White polycarbonate detector housing rated V-0 in accordance with UL 94, nickel-plated stainless steel terminals