Apollo Series 65 Heat Class A1R (55000-122)
The Apollo Series 65 Heat Class A1R is a rate of rise (ROR) heat detector. The self-extinguishing case of this detector houses a pair of negative temperature co-efficient thermistors to sense heat – one exposed to the ambient temperature and other thermally insulated.
In normal conditions the thermistors will be in thermal equilibrium. If there's a fire the external thermistor will record an increase of temperature resulting in lower resistance – this imbalance of resistance will cause the detector to activate an alarm if it reaches a factory pre-set level.
There is also a fixed resistor in the detector. When the resistance level of the resistor and the insulated thermistor combined is greater than that of the exposed thermistor an alarm will be activated. This gives you confidence that an alarm will still be triggered even if the rise in temperature is too slow to activate the ROR part of the detector. The maximum static response temperature of this heat detector is 65°C.
Upon entering an alarm state, the external red LED will illuminate for quick identification. A signal is sent to the conventional fire alarm system control panel via an increase in the current drawn from the supply.
Specifications are given at 23°C and 50% relative humidity unless stated otherwise.
- Part No. 55000-122
- Supply Wiring: 2 wire monitored supply, polarity insensitive
- Supply Voltage: 9 to 33V
- Ripple Voltage: 2V peak to peak maximum at 0.1Hz to 100kHz
- Quiescent Current: 45μA at 24V, 40μA at 9V
- Switch-on Surge Current: as per Quiescent Current
- Alarm Voltage: 6 to 28V
- Alarm Current: 52mA at 24V, 17mA at 9V
- Alarm Indicator: Red LED
- Design Alarm Load: 420Ω in series with a 2V drop
- Holding Voltage: 6V
- Holding Current: 10mA
- Min. Voltage Required To Light Alarm Indicator: 12V
- Remote Output Characteristics: Remote is a current sink to the negative line limited to 17mA
- Storage Temperature Range: -30°C to +120°C
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +90°C (no icing)
- Humidity: 0% to 95% relative humidity
- Atmospheric Pressure: Unaffected
- IP Rating: 23D in accordance with BS EN 60529
- Dimensions: 100 x 42 mm ( 100 x 50 mm in base)
- Weight: 80g (131g in base)
- Materials: White polycarbonate detector housing rated V-0 in accordance with UL 94, nickel-plated stainless steel terminals