Apollo Series 65 Optical Smoke Detector (55000-317)
The Apollo Series 65 Optical Smoke Detector detects smoke using a internal pulsing LED and a photo-diode at an obtuse angle. In clear conditions the light from the pulsing LED will not fall on the photo-diode but when smoke enters the chamber smoke particles cause the beam of light from the LED to scatter. The photo-diode then detects the scattered light.
Three consecutive sensor activations are required to trigger an alarm state. An alarm state is signalled by increasing the current drawn from the supply from about 40μA to a maximum of 75mA – this is recognised by the control panel and the fire alarm is activated.
The inner sensing chamber is moulded as a labyrinth to prevent the penetration of external light sources and there is an insect resistant cover. These elements combine to make this a reliable optical smoke detector for any conventional fire alarm system.
Upon entering an alarm state the external LED lights up for easy identification. The moulded self-extinguishing white polycarbonate casing is identical to that of the Series 65 Ionisation Smoke Detector in all but the external LED – on this smoke detector the LED is clear during normal conditions but illuminates red during an alarm whereas the LED on the ionisation smoke detector is coloured red whether it is illuminated or not.
Specifications are given at 23°C and 50% relative humidity unless stated otherwise.
- Part No. 55000-317
- Sensor: Silicon PIN photo-diode
- Emitter: GaAs infra-red light emitting diode
- Sampling Frequency: Once every 3 seconds
- Confirmation Frequency: Once every 2 seconds
- No. Of Consecutive Alarm Signals To Trigger Alarm: 3
- Supply Wiring: 2 wire monitored supply, polarity insensitive
- Supply Voltage: 9 to 33V DC
- Ripple Voltage: 2V peak to peak maximum at 0.1Hz to 100kHz
- Quiescent Current: 30-50μA at 24V
- Switch-on Surge Current: 115μA at 24V
- Alarm Voltage: 6 to 28V
- Normal Alarm Current: 61mA at 28V, 52mA at 24V, 18mA at 10V
- Alarm Indicator: Clear LED emitting red light
- Design Alarm Load: 420Ω in series with 2V drop
- Holding Voltage: 6V (min)
- Holding Current: 10mA (min)
- Min. Voltage Required to Illuminate Indicator: 12V
- Alarm Reset Voltage: 1V
- Alarm Reset Time: 1 second
- Remote Output Characteristics: Remote is a current sink to the negative line limited to 17mA
- Sensitivity: Nominal alarm threshold of 0.15dB/m obscuration, measured in accordance with EN 54-7:2000
- Temperature Range: -20°C to +60°C (no condensation or icing)
- Humidity: 0% to 95% relative humidity (no condensation)
- Wind Speed: Insensitive to wind
- Atmospheric Pressure: Insensitive to atmospheric pressure
- IP Rating: 23D in accordance with BS EN 60529
- Dimensions: 100 x 42 mm (100 x 50 mm in base)
- Weight: 99g (150g in base)
- Materials: White polycarbonate detector housing rated V-0 in accordance with UL 94, nickel-plated stainless steel terminals