Apollo XP95 Isolating Base (45681-284)
The Apollo XP95 Isolating Base can be used in conjunction with any XP95 detector. The advantage of this base over standard bases is that in the event of a short-circuit it will isolate the affected section of the loop. This allows the rest of the addressable fire alarm system to function as normal.
Up to 20 standard bases and detectors can be installed between isolating bases, although the device could be used more frequently if required. If it's a requirement of your system that no device is lost during a single short-circuit every detector could be fitted to an isolating base as the detector in use with an isolating base always remains active.
When the short-circuit has been managed the isolating base will detect this and automatically restore power and data to the section.
The XP95 Isolating Base is loop-powered and accepts the XPERT card that comes with all XP95 bases to set the device address. If there is a fault an LED in the base will illuminate yellow.
- Part No. 45681-284
- Supply Voltage: 17 to 28V DC plus 9V DC protocol pulses
- Isolation Indicator: yellow LED
- Current Consumption: 23μA at 18V DC, 43μA at 28V DC, 4mA at 18V DC and adjacent sector isolated
- Max. Line Current: 1A non-isolating continuous, 3A transition into isolation
- Storage Temperature: -30°C to +80°C
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +60°C
- Humidity: 0% to 95% relative
- Dimensions: 100 x 24 mm
- Weight: 100g