HyFire Wireless Expander Module (Requires Power Supply) (HFW-EM-01)
Wireless Expander Module
The HyFire Wireless Expander Module is used to boost the signal and thus increase radio coverage of Translator Modules. This allows a wireless system to be used in larger buildings or difficult wireless environments.
Excellent for use in large or complex systems, up to 7 wireless expander modules can be configured to a translator module to create a micro cell cluster. Each cluster can then communicate with up to 32 wireless field devices, which could include detectors and manual call points.
The expander module relays the information from each device to the translator module, or if fitted with the conventional interface module to a conventional or addressable fire alarm system. This ability to communicate with all types of fire systems makes this an easy and cost-effective way to expand your existing fire alarm system.
Housed in IP68 housing, the expander module is suitable for use outdoors or in wet environments. Two orthogonal antennae reduce signal fading and ensure reliable bi-directional wireless communication.
- Bi-directional wireless communication
- Self optimising wireless amplitude and frequency IP68 protection for exterior mounting
- Makes additions to addressable or conventional systems easy and cost effective
- Designed in accordance with prEN54:25
- "Microcell" technology allows flexible system design and improved performance on all sizes of system
- Fully compatible with all HiFire system devices
- Site programmable via PC link or Wireless Keypad
- Communication Range With Translator Module: 300m (open space)
- Communication Range With Field Devices: 150m (open space)
- Operating Frequency: 868-870 MHz
- Modulation Type: Frequency modulation
- No. of Operating Channels: 7
- Time Period Between Wireless Signal Transmissions: From 7 seconds to 2 minutes
- Dimensions: 160mm x 120mm (excluding aerials)
- Operating Temperature Range: -30°C to +50°C
- IP Rating: 68
- Operating Voltage: 10V - 27V DC
- Current Consumption: 16mA
- HFW-EM-01 Wireless Expander Module Datasheet (Adobe PDF)