Dorgard Fire Door Retainer (Red) (DG1328R)
Dorgard Fire Door Retainer (Red)
Dorgard is a device designed to safely hold open a fire door and automatically release it upon the sound of a fire alarm. It can be used to hold the fire door open in any position.
Dorgard is activated when a continued 65 decibel or higher sound is established. Dorgard releases the fire door and the overhead closer shuts the door, sealing the area and preventing the spread of smoke and fire.
Unlike electro-magnetic retainers (EMR), Dorgard requires no wiring as it is battery operated and self-contained. Installation is easy, quick and non-disruptive. It is affixed to your fire door with four screws and takes approximately 5 minutes to install. Once you have inserted two C-size batteries (supplied), Dorgard is ready for duty.
At a general noise level of 80 decibels Dorgard will release. This facility has been built into the unit as a safety feature. Should the noise level in your premises exceed 80 decibels it is unlikely that you would hear a 65 decibel alarm, therefore the Dorgard releases the fire door to close.
- No wiring involved
- Can be installed in minutes
- Foot-operated manual release mechanism
- Automatic night-time release facility
- Integral power-on and low battery LED indicator
Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 205mm
- Casing Height: 150mm
- Width: 195mm
- Depth: 45mm
- Packed Kit Weight: 950g
- Product Only (Including Batteries): 700g
Material and Operating Specifications
- Casing: ABS
- Power: 2 x 1.5v C size alkaline batteries
- Expected Battery Life: 12 months (may be less in noisy environment)
- Trigger: By alarms compliant with BS 5839-3
Dogard 1328-A01 Approvals and Standards
- BS EN 1155: 119 Building hardware. Electricity powered hold-open devices for swing doors. (Manufacturers classification number 357113).
- BS EN 50081-1: 1992 electro magnetic compatibility. Generic emission standard. Residential, commercial and light industry.
- BS EN 50082-1: 1992 electro-magnetic compatibility. Generic immunity standard. Residential, commercial and light industry.
- BS 7273-4 (category C)
- USA patent number: 5525963
- European patent number: 0635092
To hold the door open
- Open the door to the required ‘hold open’ position, or open fully against the bump stop of the floor plate (if fitted).
- Stand sideways to the door.
- Press the black knob down using your foot. Greater foot pressure may be needed depending upon force from the door closer or the type of floor surface.
- Whilst depressing the black knob pull the door gently in the direction of closing.
- Remove your foot and let go of the door.
To release Dorgard manually
- Lightly kick the black knob toward the door.
- Or push the door in the direction of opening. Dorgard can only be released by kicking the black plunger knob if a floorplate is installed.