Fire Extinguisher Classifications
Fire Extinguisher Classifications and Information
There 6 different type of Extinguisher Classification, 5 x Fire and 1 x Electrical.
Fires have been classified into six groups A, B, C, D, E and F
- Class A fires - are fires involving organic solids - Paper, Wood, etc
- Class B fires - are fires involving flammable Liquids - Petrol, Oil, Paints.
- Class C fires - are fires involving flammable Gasses
- Class D fires - are fires involving Metals
- Class E Fires - are fires involving Electrical Apparatus
- Class F Fires - are fires involving Cooking Oil & Fat
All Fire Extinguishers are colour coded so you can see what type of extinguisher it is and what it contains.
- Water - Red
- Foam - Cream
- Dry Powder - Blue
- Carbon Dioxide - Black
- Halon - Green (Illegal as of December 03)
Fire Extinguisher Locations
Fire extinguishers should be stored:
- in accessible spots
- away from heat
- in places in which they are likely to be needed, but where you will still be able to get to them (but out of reach of children) should a fire start, with at least one at every level of the house. Several good choices include:
• sleeping area
• at the head of the stairs in a multi-story structure
• in the garage
• in the laundry room
To view our Extinguisher range please select the relevant link below.